Friday, November 18, 2011

Where did you learn to drive? I took a correspondence course.


I’ve had Muppets on the brain recently. This recent brain activity is not due solely to the upcoming Muppet movie starring Jason Segel and Amy Adams (but really starring Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy), but also because of a recent reference question I received. In short, I was tasked with finding some materials that would entertain a seven-year old and two adults simultaneously. I can think of anyone that does this better than Jim Henson’s Muppets. As a kid, you see bright, silly characters bouncing around doing dances and it’s great. As an adult, you can appreciate lines like this:

Bernie:
You, you with the banjo, can you help me? I seem to have lost my sense of direction!
Kermit: Have you tried Hare Krishna?

Awesome! But most likely a bit over your tot's head. Plus, Dom DeLuise is Bernie and it just doesn’t get much better than that.

The Muppets comes to theaters starting November 23rd which feels like a long time to wait. You could take the Fozzie Bear approach and try hibernating until then OR you could come down to your local library and experience some Muppet awesomeness.

A sampling of what we have to offer:

Movies:
Music:
Some surprises:

They do it all!


For fun:
Gizmodo’s interview in which the cast of the new movie discusses the importance of the puppets all being real instead of computer generated!

No comments: