Friday is national Bike to Work Day which gives you about two days to free your bicycle from your garage and get ready to ride! As a little extra enticement, various locations around town will be offering free food and drink to people riding their bikes to work! I don’t know about you, but being bribed (with tacos no less!) to do something good for me seems pretty awesome. You can read more about the event at Austin360 where you’ll also find the list of participating locations and a map.
If you and your bike aren’t feeling quite up to the challenge, or could use a little more inspiration, you might want to check out some of the following.
- Urban Bikers' Tricks & Tips : Low-Tech & No-Tech Ways to Find, Ride, & Keep a Bicycle by Glowacz, Dave.
- Bicycle Repair Manual by Chris Sidwells
- Bicycling magazine's guide to bike touring : everything you need to know to travel anywhere on a bike by Doug Donaldson
- Tour Fever: the Armchair Cyclist’s Guide to Le Tour de France by J.P. Partland
- It's All About the Bike : The Pursuit of Happiness on Two Wheels by Rob Penn
- Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne
- Velo : Bicycle Culture and Design by Shonquis, Moreno.
- The Best Bike Rides in Texas by Andy White