Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"My Morning Jacket" Likes the Library


The group My Morning Jacket's latest CD has the very tuneful song "Librarian". Not many songs have the word periodical in the lyrics, so I have copied and pasted the beginning of the song for library fans:

walk across the courtyard, towards the library. i can hear the insects buzz and the leaves 'neath my feet... ramble up the stairwell, into the hall of books... since we got the interweb these hardly get used. duck into the men's room... combing through my hair... when god gave us mirrors he had no idea... looking for a lesson in the periodicals... there i spy you listening to the AM radio...

Your Library does not have the new cd Evil Urges yet, but we have other titles by this band, which has been referred to as the American Radiohead.

Okonokos : Double Live Album
Z
It Still Moves
At Dawn
The Tennessee Fire








No comments: