Monday, September 05, 2011

Diego Rivera: The Complete Murals

There is a magical book that the library recently acquired. I am tempted to not blog about it for fear of the physical damage that may occur. I haven't actually weighed it, but I would venture to guess it must weigh upwards of forty pounds. I carry it around hoisted on my shoulder like a basket filled with a heavy load. Diego Rivera: The Complete Murals is a tome in the truest sense of the word. Inside it are lush, fold-out color plates of the super-human murals designed and executed by the Mexican artist. The book also serves as an encyclopedic catalog detailing the artist's life, world travels, and paintings and drawings completed prior to the development of his mature, most well known style.


More titles featuring Diego Rivera's work and life:











No comments: