Monday, July 21, 2008

Lily Allen Review

So, last Friday, I zoomed through the CDs at Central and found one that I’ve been meaning to listen to for awhile. Lily Allen’s Alright, Still. I checked it out and popped it into the CD player after I got off work. I didn’t really know what to expect because I’ve only heard the single Smile, and I hoped the rest of the album, if not at least a couple of songs, was equally as upbeat. This CD is Brilliant. This is exactly what I needed to listen to when I got off work on a beautiful, bright Friday afternoon. I even rolled down the windows and turned it up, something I haven’t done since…well, since awhile!

Ms. Allen is a young gal from England with a great voice. What I love about this CD is that every song is a serious joy to listen to. It’s that good. Well, if you like gals who sing and I’m a big fan of Tori Amos, Esthero, Fiona Apple, and Imogen Heap. Of course, Smile, is a song where you can sit in your chair and dance, but it’s much better if you got up and dance, even if you look like a silly fool. It’s got a nice harmony and easy lyrics. Nan, You’re a Window Shopper exhibits Allen’s infectious English accent; you know she’s talking about her grandma, but Nan isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed. LDN is the perfect song for listening to in the car with the windows rolled down. Actually, if you listened to it while riding your bike, it would be even better. Knock Em Out absolutely cracks me up, reminds me of times in undergrad school, being out and about.

I know I don’t speak for everyone, but I truly enjoyed this CD and would carefully recommend it to anyone…it’s not smart music, but it’s easy to dance to and sing along with. Check it out!

No comments: