Monday, November 03, 2008

Model Magic

When I was younger, I liked to build models. As I got older I left this impulse behind. Now that I’m older still, I find myself returning to a fascination with model building. To my great delight I have found some exquisite resources available through the Austin Public Library to both aid and inspire me in creating these miniature visual illusions.


Books:
Building better scale model cars and trucks : detailing tips and techniques

Building and detailing scale model muscle cars

Building and flying model aircraft

Building and painting scale figures

Building plastic models

The Encyclopedia of military modelling

The encyclopedia of modelmaking techniques

The model-building handbook : techniques professionals use

The modelmaker's handbook

Painting and finishing scale models

Scale model detailing

Small-scale modelling


Periodicals:
FineScale modeler


Media:
Model building for beginners [videorecording]

Kit Retailers:
Tamiya
Revell
AMT

No comments: